January is almost over. By now, most of you have probably lost all your motivation and have abandoned your New Year’s Resolution. WHY?! What the heck are you doing? Stop. Think. Let’s get your head back in the game!
You need MOTIVATION
I want you to look back and reflect on this past month. No, reflect on this past year. What are your goals? What did you set for your New Years Resolutions?
Now that you have that in mind, did you abandon it? Let’s talk about the why! Why do most people give up on their resolutions within the first 2-3 months of the year? The answer can vary from person to person, but chances are, their goals were too big and too fast!
My goals were to treat my body better. I had this grand idea that I would drop 10lbs a month, have clear skin by the end of January, working out every day, and be reading a book a month!
Has any of that happened yet? NO! Are you kidding me? This is not a realistic goal to put on yourself. I am not even close to finishing my book. My skin cleared up, then I ate terrible for a week and forgot to wash my face twice and now I am breaking out all over again. I have worked out a grand total of MAYBE 6-8 times… and I have only lost 4lbs.
Now don’t be hard on yourself!
Compared to what I was doing last year, these are all HUGE improvements! My skin is better than ever, I drink a lot more water, I have taken time to relax and read, I LOST 4LBS! This is a big deal, you guys! Even though I shot big, and I fell short of that goal, I still improved my life in tremendous strides!
Keep it going!
I want you to shoot big for February too! Set too big of goals, try just a little bit harder, and I promise you, you will surprise yourself! I am striving to continue being better to my body, so here are my February goals!
- Do the “Learn to Love” challenge with my facebook group
- Stop drinking soda
- Become a meal prep boss! Again…
Okay, moving on…
You probably came here for the healthy eating tips. So here you are! These are some simple guidelines that I am BAD at following, but strive to do:
- Drink LOTS of H2O
- Spinach is amazing and has almost no taste. Add it to as many meals as you can
- Chew slower and ENJOY your food
- Use a smaller plate to help control your portion sizes
- Eat foods proven to help your specific needs (I.E. Weight loss, metabolism boost, protein levels, iron levels, low energy, etc.)
- Get out of your comfort zone!
- Meal PLAN and Meal PREP
- Don’t do it alone, have a support system
- Eat more green stuff (No, not green M&Ms)
- Don’t kill yourself, allow for slip-ups, okay?
YOur turn to talk…
Tell me in the comments: What are your goals for February? Have to join my Facebook group yet?