It’s almost a new year and that means a new you!
Picking a resolution for the new year can suck though. There is the chance that it’ll never stick, or you are perfect and don’t need to work on anything, or it is so much you have to work on that you can’t pick just one!
Well, I am here to help! Here are just a few guidelines to consider when picking your 2017 New Year’s Resolution:
Know what a New Year’s Resolution is supposed to be..
- A resolution is when you resolve to change and undesired trait or characteristic about yourself.
- Pick an ATTAINABLE goal.
- Something that will BENEFIT your whole self.
How do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Maybe you want to be a writer, photographer, etc
- Consider making your resolution to research more, or to take a class
- Want to get fit?
- Resolve to eat healthier, exercise more
- Do you plan to move?
- De-clutter, deep-clean, put money into savings
- Maybe you want to move up within your company or find a new job altogether.
- Build on your strengths, show your worth to the company, impress through success
- Maybe all you want is to be a better person
- Identify, cleanse, act
Whatever you do, do it with intent. Identify what you wish to change about your life and put an action plan into play.
Make a plan
- Have an END goal
- Set SHORT-TERM goals
- Reward yourself
Stick with it!
- Maintain motivation
- Have a good support system
- NEVER GIVE UP
This year, like most years, I am resolving to get fit and be healthy. I am also resolving to improve my credit score and save money. I have made a game plan for both already and broke it down into small goals for each month.
What is your New Year’s Resolution?