Did you make a New Year’s Resolution?
I sure did! This year I decided to mix it up a little and do the same resolution I always do… With a little spin!
I promise I mixed it up slightly…
My New Year’s resolution is:
To treat my body better!
Yup, every year I tell myself I am going to “Be Healthier”, “Lose Weight”, “Exercise More”, Etc. Etc. Blah, Blah, Blah! Every year I do great for like a minute, or even half the year! But this year is different!
I simply, want to treat my body better
There is more to this than eating healthy and working out. For example, one of my goals is to wash my face every night before I go to bed. I also want to use lotion more and keep my skin hydrated.
So how do I plan on sticking to this?
Well for one, I have a community to help me stick to it. That’s all of you! I also like to make short term and long term goals with rewards for meeting those goals. Rewards don’t always work for everyone, but it gives me something to look forward too!
I am going to pick 3 goals to work on every month, with the end goal of treating my body better. My goals for January are:
- Wash my face every night.
- If I wash my face every night before bed, after 30 days I am going to treat myself to a relaxing facial!
- Drink 64oz or more of water every single day.
- If I am able to do this for 30 days, I am going to treat myself to a wonderful full body massage!
- Read daily!
- This is the reward in itself! I love to read, it relaxes me. Reading strengthens the mind and offers some sort of peace to the crazy days!
How am I going to keep myself accountable?
I plan on tracking everything in a journal, or a planner of sorts. That way I can keep track and make sure I am following up every day! The goal is that after 30 days, these will become a habit and I can continue them with ease.
I also plan to leaning on my friends and family, like YOU! In return, I hope that you lean on me for help as well. I plan on writing more about your needs and the things you want help with and the things you are interested in.